Join Now and Become a Member of the Philippine Economic Society!
A. Lifetime Membership
Any regular member who pays the lifetime membership dues shall be granted lifetime membership and shall have the rights, privileges, and responsibilities of a regular member, except for the payment of the annual dues.
Membership Fee: PhP 12,000.00
B. Annual Regular Membership
Limited to individuals 21 years of age or older, who have obtained at least a bachelor’s degree in economics, or who, in the opinion of the Board of Directors, have shown sufficient familiarity and understanding of the science of economics to warrant admission to the Society. Candidates who have been accepted shall become members of the Society only upon payment of annual dues for the current year.
Membership Fee: PhP 2,000.00
Annual regular membership is effective until December of the current year when paid within January to September, and until December of the following year when paid within October to December.
Paid annual regular members who renew their membership in advance during the last quarter of the current year will be entitled to a 20% discount on membership fee.
C. Student Membership
Graduate students are requested to prove their student status by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org an electronic copy of their valid Student ID Card
Membership Fee: PhP 500.00
Note: Student membership is effective until December of the current year when paid within January to September, and until December of the following year when paid within October to December.
Benefits of affiliated economists
- A free electronic subscription to the Philippine Review of Economics Journal
- The right to vote in the PES elections
- Job for Economists (In addition to website information on job opportunities, members can participate in the open job placement services provided by the PES during its Annual Conference.)
- Discount on conference fees
- Eligibility to apply for the Philippine Social Science Council’s Travel Assistance Program
Any Academic, Government or Corporate Institution that supports the promotion of economic literacy in the country.
Membership Fee: PhP 25,000.00
Note: Annual institutional membership is effective until December of the current year.
Benefits of Institutions
- Two (2) Designated Representatives
- Recognition (Members are listed in conference programs and PES Website.)
- Jobs for Economists (PES has dedicated a page on the website where institutional members can advertise job openings without charge. Members can also participate in the PES Job Market during the Annual Conference.)
- 20% discount on conference fees given to employees during the membership period
- New PhD and MA Memberships (PES provides a complimentary one-year membership to newly minted PhD and MA graduates. PES shall require them to submit an accomplished membership form and a certification from their college/university.)
How to join PES
- Click Register button below
- Select Membership Type
- Fill Out form
- Click Register
2018 Membership Subscription
Fully paid 2017 annual members can pay their 2018 membership subscription in advance at a special rate of PhP1,600.
Individuals who are interested to avail of this discount should email email@example.com to get the Paypal payment link or pay the 2018 fee at the 55th PES Annual Meeting and Conference on 8 November 2017.