Members of the Philippine Economic Society (PES) elected five individuals to sit as members of the Board of Trustees for the next two years:
- Rosemarie G. Edillon, National Economic and Development Authority
- Rosalina Palanca-Tan, Ateneo de Manila University
- Stella Luz A. Quimbo, Philippine Competition Commission
- Majah-Leah V. Ravago, University of the Philippines
- V. Bruce J. Tolentino, International Rice Research Institute
The elections were held during the 55th PES Annual Meeting and Conference on 08 November 2017 at the Novotel Manila, Araneta Center, Quezon City.
Dr. Edillon, Dr. Ravago, and Dr. Quimbo are returning Board Members whose terms of office have been renewed for another two years. Dr. Tan and Dr. Tolentino will replace incumbent Board Members Dr. George M. Manzano (University of Asia and the Pacific) and Dr. Ronald U. Mendoza (Ateneo School of Government) whose terms will end this year.
Incumbent PES President Jose V. Camacho Jr. will sit as an ex-officio Board Member in 2018. Dr. Emmanuel S. de Dios, editor of the Philippine Review of Economics, will continue to sit as ex-officio Board Member.
Completing the list of members of the PES Board of Trustees for 2018 are:
- Victor A. Abola, University of Asia and the Pacific
- Cristina M. Bautista, Ateneo de Manila University
- Kevin C. Chua, World Bank
- Lawrence B. Dacuycuy, De La Salle University
- Lawrence S. Fernandez, Meralco
- Emilio S. Neri Jr., Bank of the Philippine Islands