Under the supervision of the Policy Development Component Advisor, the tasks and responsibilities of the Policy Development Associate include the following:
- Provides program management and technical support to the Policy Component Advisor
- Assists the Policy Component Advisor in overseeing project management and monitoring of research activities
- Assists in the conduct of policy scoping – review of existing energy policies
- Assists in activities designed to ensure the extension and outreach of the Program’s research and policy development outputs to the Government of Philippines (GPH) policymaking
- Coordinate with Research component in order to produce evidence vis-à-vis emerging policy proposals by GPH.
- Assist in the maintenance and updating of the policy database and directory of policymakers and policy-related contacts and stakeholders.
- Assists the advisor in strategic and operational planning for policy component
- Supervise and oversee the team resources to ensure quality and timeliness of deliverables of the team and/or individual members. This includes (i) supervision over Component Assistant and other research assistants engaged under the component and (ii) coordinating with the policy associate who leads in providing support for EPDP’s engagements related to CSP.
- Writes project reports and other pertinent documentation as necessary, ensuring that these reports are technically sound, coherent with the overall technical framework and requirements and submitted in a timely manner.
- Provides technical input and analytic work as needed to specific program activities and sub-activities.
- Performs other task related to the program assigned by the Policy Component Advisor and Program Director/Deputy Program Director.
- Master’s degree or candidacy in economics or other field involving policy analysis and research
- Knowledge in business and research writing and powerpoint preparations
- Minimum of 3 years work experience, preferably in the energy sector
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail
- Works effectively with minimum supervision
For more information about EPDP, visit our website http://www.upecon.org.ph/epdp/
Interested applicants may email their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org